As the festive season rolls in, it’s time to embrace the joy of giving and New Year’s resolutions. HUAWEI’s range of tried and tested…
HealthQ has been tasked to assist with the testing and industrialization of a technology called LifeQ. The LifeQ product, worn by the user, will be able to determine the amount of calories and type of food that is being metabolized in real-time. Through constant electronic monitoring, both the energy uptake from food consumption and the energy expenditure of the user from vital functions and exercise will be accurately tracked, without the need for manual data logging and intervention, or the use of inaccurate proxies such as accelerometers or GPS.
Being essentially a dashboard with the ability to track processes inside the human tissue, the product will have a wide variety of other applications including the effective determination and management of nutritional intake and exercise towards better sleep, and of advance performance factors like EPOC (after burn) by extreme athletes.LifeQ is a global company that has set out to catalyze a change in how we understand and optimize our health. Championed by computational systems biologists, LifeQ sees the human body as the ultimate sensor. Tapping into this, LifeQ provides people with the information required to live intelligently today, and, in the future predict changes in personal physiology and health.
To achieve this, LifeQ combines two technologies: continuous body monitoring (LifeQ LENS) and bio-mathematical modelling (LifeQ CORE) that translates the data collected from the body into relevant information and insights about personal and eventually population health.
LifeQ’s goal is to create a continuous, on demand record and model of personal physiology that will enable wearable device companies, application developers, data scientists, researchers, health experts and of course individuals to better monitor and understand health. There are a huge range of applications of this information, including: fitness, nutrition, sleep, stress, medical, health, and population level data research.
The LifeQ LENS technology is integrated by wearable device partners, and currently utilizes multi-wavelength light (PPG) and accelerometer data to continuously measure key vitals such as heart rate, heart rate variability and oxygen saturation.
The LifeQ CORE technology uses these baseline measures to parameterize the biomathematical models that run both live on devices as well as in the cloud for highly sophisticated modelling of personal physiology. This opens up both, a range of metrics that historically are not available outside a lab, as well as predictive models that can be used to predict heart attacks, manage chronic conditions and model the impact of changes on the body.
• Dr. Riaan Conradie (PhD): Executive Founder
• Laurie Olivier: Chief Executive Officer
• Franco du Preez (PhD): Chief Science Officer
• Kora Holm: Vice President of Research
• LifeQ LENS: Technology to collect relevant physiological data. Currently utilizing a multi-wavelength optical sensor that can be integrated into almost any wearable device to monitor a range of key measures.
• LifeQ CORE: Biologically-driven mathematical modeling and differential calculations used to translate data into virtual simulations of our physiological systems, describing the dynamic behavior of our physiology to provide personalized metrics and information about our bodies.
• LifeQ LINK: An open access platform to maximize the potential and reach of the LifeQ information, to provide people with relevant and personalized data to manage, optimize and troubleshoot their bodies.
Company Office is a subscription-based press office service.