Matthew Buckland, the founder of Memeburn, Ventureburn and the Burn Media Group, has died. The 45-year-old internet media entrepreneur, who made a lasting impression…
The Burn Media Group is looking for a direct sales professional with an appetite for building new business in the booming startup, investor and entrepreneur space. We offer a competitive base salary with monthly uncapped commissions.
Our advertising product suite allows businesses to achieve their marketing objectives by designing custom campaigns that deliver the highest value and return on their investment.
We are looking for people with diverse backgrounds of media, experience selling both traditional and digital advertising and who understand how to review market research data and develop proposals and recommendations for clients wanting to use our platforms to reach prospective clients.
As a new business development executive, your primary mission will be to focus on developing new customers in the startup space.
In this business-to-business sales role, you will be responsible for generating your own leads but also have internal support from our editorial team and company management.
In this consultative sales role, you will drive the relationship and sale from start to finish. You will identify opportunities, present to decision makers and close new business.
- Using the tools and information provided to you by the Ventureburn team, you will identify the key players, and leads, in South Africa’s booming startup ecosystem.
- Generate and identify new sales opportunities using multiple outbound channels and strategies
- Develop a deep understanding of prospects objectives and challenges and deliver solutions against these elements
- Conduct a consistently high volume of client-facing demonstrations or discovery meetings with fully qualified prospects with a minimum of six new business appointments per week.
- Build and manage an active pipeline through the sales cycle to deal close
- Internally partner with management, editorial, sales operations and delivery teams to collaborate and drive business
- Deliver against monthly sales targets and pipeline commitments
- Track all your activity in our CRM and related tools
- Continually develop your digital industry knowledge
Skills and experience
- Proven success in a target-driven new business sales role – meeting and exceeding sales quota in a team-based environment
- Experience selling online digital advertising technologies
- Understands competitive selling against broadcast, audio, or niche ad tech platforms
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong phone sales, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills
- Must have a relevant Bachelor’s Degree, or sales qualifications or at least 5+ years of experience in a successful media sales role
- Established book of business or relationships to tap into
- History of achieving annual revenue targets
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Excel
Extra awesome stuff we like to see:
You are motivated and driven, you like taking on challenges, finding creative solutions, helping people, helping yourself, you have a sense of humour, you like to have fun – and you think on your feet!
Sound like you? Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Ventureburn Sales Executive: Direct & ecosystem”