Telkom has announced the launch of new shared data plans with their FreeMe Share Plans — which allow multiple SIMs to share a single…
This being MTN Business App of the Year Awards’ third event running, competition was exceptionally stiff, according to MTN.
The awards included an extra Consumer’s Choice category, which is the only awards category not influenced by the judges. Mobile payments app Zapper walked away with the trophy in that particular category. The startup’s app was also named the winner of the Best App for Microsoft.
MTN states in a blog post that although its App of the Year of 2014, Live Inspect, isn’t the most popular in downloads, it was “one of the most useful and definitely lived up to the mantra of making a change in the lives of those who use it.”
Here’s the full list of the category winners, and their runners-up:
- Best iOS Enterprise App: Sync Mobile (Runner-up = Lexus Mobile)
- Best iOS Consumer App: SuperSport (Runner-up = Property24)
- Best Android Consumer App: MyBelongings (Runner-up = FlickPay)
- Best use of the cloud: VIGO (Runner-up = Creative Cape Town)
- Garage Design: Rea Vaya for Windows (Runner-up = Wildlife Tracker)
- Best App for Microsoft: Zapper (Runner-up = Investec)
- Most Innovative App: Wildlife Tracker (Runner-up = POPI)
- Consumer Choice Award winner: Zapper
- App of the Year winner: Live Inspect