Residents of Cape Town were treated to sights of a robot dog walking through the CBD as Dwyka Mining Services showcased Boston Dynamic’s Spot….
Ventureburn is looking for a savvy startup writer to join its talented, growing team.
The African startup space is bubbling with exciting stories around every corner. As a publication which prides itself on bringing readers the latest in-depth stories and analysis, Ventureburn seeks to cover every nook and cranny in this fast-moving space. In order for us to continue doing so and even more, we’re expanding our team.
If you think bootstrapping is merely a cool pirate name and Angels are only found in fantasy novels, you’re probably not the best fit. But if concepts like pivot, exit, pitch and seed rounds are part of your daily vocabulary then you might be just what we’re looking for.
Go ahead and tell your friends, family and followers. Applicants to mail their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Writing tech-savvy news and feature stories, including conducting interviews with some of the top and emerging entrepreneurs in South Africa, as well as the rest of the continent.
- Subbing, headline writing
- Managing contributors and topics list
- Based in Cape Town or Johannesburg
- Passion for tech, startups and entrepreneurs
- Some knowledge of the startup industry and ecosystem in South Africa
- Drive, attitude & a sense of humour
- A love for the latest innovations, trends & digital media
- Understand the difference between news writing and feature writing
- Excellent command of the English language
- Tertiary education or relevant industry experience
- Have at least 50 Twitter followers
- Attend exciting events
- Real coffee
- Startup culture!
Ventureburn, part of the Burn Media group, is an authority on recording the wild growth of startup and entrepreneurial activity in South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria.
Image by Rachel via Flickr