PwC Vision to Reality competition is gearing up for its second programme to help find and promote South Africa’s top 10 up-and-coming companies that are tech-enabled.
Last year, mobile transacting startup WiGroup walked away as South Africa’s top company in the industry. Online security startup Entersekt got second place while animation studio Triggerfish received third prize. Other notable companies in the top 10 were GoMetro, Euphoria Telecom and Mellowcabs.
No ad to show here.
Similar to last year’s Vision to Reality competition, the top 10 up-and-coming companies will enter PwC’s mentorship programme with access to local and global industry leaders and strategic advisors providing them with valuable guidance on their growth plans.
The overall winner of the Vision to Reality awards programme will win a trip to the value of over R100 000 to present at the global PwC Accelerator conference. The worldwide accelerator will help enhance the selected companies’ visibility internationally.
Entries are restricted to private or public high-growth tech-enabled
- Are either controlled or headquartered on the African continent.
- Have their management team and R&D activities located on the African continent.
- Own proprietary technology or have intellectual property that contributes to a significant portion of operating revenue.
- Provide technology-enabled solutions spanning across any industry. Particular areas of interest include software and cloud-based solutions, big data, cyber security, fintech and agrifood processing.
To be eligible for nomination, the business needs to comply with at least
three of the below criteria:
- Record a turnover of more than R25-million per annum currently or within
the next 24 months.
- Demonstrate high growth potential or increasing market share.
- Demonstrate scalability.
- Be close to achieving break-even or profitability.
- Have national or international expansion plans with a high level
of commitment by your shareholders and management team