Snapchat is the latest platform to take issue with US President Donald Trump’s social media content, with the company announcing it is removing the president’s…
Entries for the annual MTN Business App of the Year Awards are now open. This year the awards will be focusing on categories rather than platforms, which is a change to form since the event first started back in 2012.
MTN Business’s competition has crowned many successful apps over the years, with startups like SnapScan and Wildlife Tracker to the big guys like FNB’s banking app, Health ID from Discovery and DStv’s Supersport app.
Entries for the awards will close on the 26 June and can be submitted on the MTN App of the Year website. The final ceremony will take place on 5 August at The Urban Tree in Johannesburg.
All entries will be judged against a strict set of criteria, which includes product solution and design, creativity, usability, and market impact. The judges will also been taking into account long-term sustainability, such as the application’s potential revenue path.
Some of the current entries include Recast, Ken Forrester Wines, Mobile Parliament Application, Trender, and Moms List.
The new categories are:
- Best Enterprise
- Media & communications
- Business solutions & sales
- Navigation (and geo-location apps)
- Best Consumer
- Finance & banking
- Entertainment & gaming (including kids apps)
- Media & communications (including community & social)
- Lifestyle (including health & fitness, and personal education)
- Productivity (including utilities)
- Creative apps (including Photo & video)
- Best Enterprise Development App
- Best Breakthrough Developer
- Most Innovative App
- Wild card (for apps that defy categorisation)
Image: By Noodles and Beef via Flickr