South African Tourism is a statutory body whose main object is to promote tourism to and within South Africa, by marketing the country as…
Rounding off its tour through the African continent, Seedstars World have chosen the 10 startups to pitch in Gaborone, Botswana.
The global competition for fast-growing companies from emerging markets seeks to recognise and provide startups from more than 52 countries with networking and funding opportunities. Based in Switzerland, Seedstars World’s previous participants have collectively raised US$20-million.
Seedstars World kicked off its seven-month Africa tour in May this year with a mission to visit 12 different countries around the continent. These include Mozambique, South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, and Tanzania.
The winning startup from each leg will travel to Geneva next year, where it will stand a chance to win up to US$500 000 in equity investment, among many other opportunities.
Seedstars Gaborone is the final event of the competition’s tour on the African continent.
As revealed in the recent announcement, the invited startups for the first Seedstars Gaborone event are as follows:
- Modisar: A livestock farm management application that makes it easy for a farmer to manage his\her farm.
- Zimbo Music: Is the watering hole where all music aficionados of African music can gather and quench their thirst.
- Farmconnecta: Market and search livestock through mobile, rather than middle-man
- Richbase: An integrated payment platform for employees, offering budget and payment tacking solutions as well as an e- loan platform.
- Hello Cabs: A taxi app for Botswana
- Terracam: Provides professional UAV services and integrations including Aerial Surveying, Virtual Surveying, Precision Agriculture and UAV Integrations
- Cryptix: LocateMyMeds is a service that will enable patients to locate different clinics/hospitals or pharmacies which have the required medication.
- The Event Muse: A mobile concierge service
- DVLP: A social network for NGOs that stops duplication of effort, allows collaboration and pulls, rather than pushes for, corporate funding
- Earth Love: Food Waste Recycling (turning it into organic compost and animal feed) using an eco-smart anaerobic method.
Startups will pitch at the Microsoft Innovation Center, Gaborone 27 November.