Deezer has extended its lengthened free trial for Premium, HiFi and Family tiers into June, the streaming company announced on Monday. The initial free…
Ventureburn is looking for an experienced journalist to further help cement the site in becoming South Africa, and Africa’s, go-to publication for all things startups.
If you’re well-grounded in the local ecosystem and can argue the pros and cons between angels, VCs and bootstrapping, you’re probably the person we’re looking for. If you love networking with some of the industry’s brightest minds and tell the stories of those up-and-coming, this should be your dream job.
Ventureburn offers insightful and original thought leader pieces, ‘how to’ and resource articles, and the latest news for startups and entrepreneurs specifically aimed at Africa and other emerging markets — a unique niche in a space which has traditionally been dominated by Western-centric views and news.
With Africa’s predicted growth trajectory, Ventureburn aims to highlight the companies who are going to be the leaders in 5 to 10 years. It has a specific focus on mobile and tech-related businesses, especially those which can aid African communities and disrupt existing industries.
We’re looking for someone young, dynamic and dedicated to become part of our exciting startup company based in Cape Town, on a full-time basis. See more details below:
- Writing tech-savvy news and feature stories, including conducting interviews with some of the top and emerging entrepreneurs in South Africa, as well as the rest of the continent.
- Subbing, headline writing
- Championing content strategy
- Managing contributors and topics list
- Passion for tech, startups and entrepreneurs
- Knowledge of the startup industry and ecosystem in South Africa
- Drive, attitude & a sense of humour
- A love for the latest innovations, trends & digital media
- Understand the difference between news writing and feature writing
- Excellent command of the English language
- Tertiary education or relevant industry experience
Ventureburn, part of the Burn Media group, is an authority on recording the wild growth of startup and entrepreneurial activity in South Africa and the rest of the continent.