Eskom has announced enhancements to its digital platforms, including a new chatbot called Alfred to report faults and an upgraded customer portal and app….
Asoriba is a cloud-based church management software that allows easier administration of churches and members, faster communication and seamless payment for churches.
“Asoriba impressed the jury with its huge market of 2.5 million unconnected churches in Africa alone and its significant traction with churches both in Africa and abroad. They also have an outstanding team that allows them to execute on their mission in a unique way,” said Marcello Schermer, Regional Manager for Seedstars Africa.
Founded by Saviour Enyam Dzage (pictured above) and Nana Opoku, Asoriba came onto Seedstars’ radar last year when the company was named Ghana’s best startup. The entrepreneurs were then selected to pitch their product in Geneva, Switzerland, potentially winning the US$500 000 equity investment, among other opportunities.
Ghana is more and more proving their impact on the global stage. Besides success stories such as the Saya exit in 2014, it boasts exciting startups such as the blockchain-powered financial services solution, Bitsoko, and Flippy Campus, which is a mobile solution that helps schools manage information.
The other startups came from all over the African continent, from Tanzania to the Ivory Coast and Algeria to South Africa. As noted in a recent press release sent to Ventureburn, the companies are as follows:
- Moovi (Mozambique): Moovi is a web/mobile platform that lets anyone create relevant events within their surrounding community. It is as simple as “thinking, planning and tapping” and Moovi unlocks all your desired experiences!
- Giraffe (South Africa): Giraffe is a revolutionary new mobile recruitment tool that aims to reduce unemployment in South Africa.
- Asoriba (Ghana): Asoriba is a web and mobile application that enables effective church administration for leaders, and seamless engagement with members
- Airshop (Ivory Coast): Airshop is a platform that enables travelers to pre-order items online and pick them up at duty-free shops whenever they’re on the road. Simply put, Airshop is a marketplace for duty-free shopping.
- Intership (Uganda): IntershipUG is a package forwarding service unlocking the US and UK, providing consolidation and allowing various shipping methods
- Illuminum Greenhouses (Kenya): Illuminum Greenhouses creates a limitless integrated solar-powered farm automation system with sensors controlled via SMS from the farmers’ mobile phone.
- Fidel by Ahadoo Tec (Ethiopia): Ahadoo Tec provides African students access to curriculum-mapped content both online and offline through Fidel, a native Android app and web app.
- Jobartis (Angola): Jobartis combines traditional and market-specific job-board features to develop the number one online job portal in Angola.
- Juabar (Tanzania): Juabar is a network of mobile solar electricity stores that provide phone charging services and distribute energy products as a point of sale.
- VoLo (Senegal): Makes healthcare easily accessible and affordable in Africa using its VTIP Health product.
- SolarizEgypt (Egypt): SolarizEgypt is a solar power provider that uses customized solutions to provide a balanced cost/value proposition to an emerging market.
- IO Grow (Algeria): CRM for social selling, integrated with Linkedin, Twitter and Gmail.
- Omniup (Morocco): Omniup Ads is an innovative advertising solution on smartphones: free wi-fi service in public places in exchange of video ads & web interaction.