Fitbit has launched a new Sleep Profile feature for its Premium subscribers, which provides an analysis of your sleep with different archetypes. While Fitbit…
One of Africa’s leading technology news portal, AppsAfrica.com has opened its entries to find the best innovations suitable for the AppsAfrica Innovation Awards. The event, which saw much success last year, crowned 10 winners from over 200 entries and 21 countries.
AppsAfrica provides strategic operational planning services for mobile and tech ventures launching in Sub-Saharan Africa. Their AppsAfrica.com Innovation Awards celebrate those ventures which provide winners with global publicity and networking with over 500 industry peers and investors attending the awards ceremony.
“Our mission is always to promote and honour the fantastic innovation across the mobile and tech ecosystem in Africa. We had diverse entries from 21 countries and both the finalists and winners are a testament to how technology is being used to disrupt business models, empower people and drive positive social impact across the continent,” writes AppsAfrica in a press statement to Ventureburn.
The awards will be judged in the following 10 categories:
- Disruptive Innovation Award
- Best Social & Messaging Award
- Best African App Award
- Enterprise Solution Award
- News & Entertainment Award
- Educational Award
- Fintech Award
- Social Impact Award Brand On Mobile Award
- Women In Tech Award
According to the press release, the awards are judged by an expert panel based on their knowledge and experience within the industry as well as their influence and contributions to tech and business on the African continent.
The winners of last year’s awards are:
- Opera’s Web Pass (Nigeria) which took home the Disruptive Innovation Award
- Bookly (South Africa) took home the award for Best Mobile Innovation
- GeoPoll (Kenya/USA) received the award for Non-Data Mobile Innovation
- Tuluntulu (South Africa) took home the award for Best African App
- VCpay (South Africa) received the award for Fintech Innovation
- GiftedMom (Cameroon) was awarded the Health Innovation Award
- mPaper (Tanzania) received the award for EEducational Innovation
- CodeX (South Africa) which took the Social Impact Award
- Gamsole (Nigeria) received the Best Entertainment Award
- Emefa Kpegba of OMobileFunding (Togo) took home the award for Women in Tech
Entries close on 10 September 2016 with the winners being announced in October 2016. The event will be held in Cape Town.
More information about the event can be found here.
Featured image: AppsAfrica via Dropbox