MTN and Cool Ideas are the fastest internet providers in South Africa, according to the findings of market reports published by Ookla. The reports…
Kangpe is a mobile app which allows users to access over 500 doctors, around the clock health care, and tips.
“I am a trained doctor and as soon as everyone would hear this they would always ask me for advice. I saw a real need for people to have access to doctors, even in the most rural of areas,” says founder of Kangpe, Femi Kuti, in a press release.
The Lagos Seedstar World finalists had five minutes to impress the judges. They then had another five minutes of Q&A about their startup and idea.
The judge’s panel consisted of CEO and founder of Simple Pay and MyAds Global, Simeon Ononobi; founding partner of Seedstars, Benjamin Benaim; country manager of PayU Nigeria, Juliet Nwanguma; partner at Partech Ventures, Tidjane Deme.
Some of the finalists included:
- DavtonLearn — A credible online cloud-based E-learning site which offers professional certifications and courses.
- GRIT Systems — A real-time data analytical agency which addresses issues surrounding the energy landscape
- Legal Forms Limited — An online registration portal which allows you to register your business, and soon, land and vehicle registration
- Quick Gas — Is an online retailer in the gas industry which allows you to conveniently purchase gas from your phone
- Sharphire Global Limited — Lets you save your money in small increments daily, weekly or monthly, which gets debited directly from your account until you reach your target.
- Social Lender — Is a lending solution based on your “social reputation” on social media platforms.
- Tuteria Company — Is an online platform which connects a student to a suitable tutor
Kangpe will go on to join 65 finalists at the Seedstars final in Switzerland in 2017 to compete for a prize of up to US$1-million.
“Our mission is to discover startups that come from bustling, emerging economies like Nigeria and give them access to opportunities for support and funding. Specially this year, we have launched our first physical coworking space in Nigeria called Seedspace and the Seedstars Academy where we are constantly striving to add more value to our startups. We are very excited to bring Kangpe to the global stage,” writes Seedstars World founding partner, Benjamin Benaim.
The next Seedstars event will take place in Accra, Ghana on 21 August 2016.
Those looking to enter the pitching competition — or more information — can view the Seedstars World website.
Featured image: Seedstars via Twitter
Update: added quotes