With Disney+ a month away from its US launch, Disney on Monday revealed the streaming platform’s entire line-up of movies and series. In a…
International pitching competition, Seedstars World, returns to Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. The event will take place on 29 august at Colab Abidjan.
The startups will be competing for an opportunity to win up to US$1-million in the Seedstars World final in Switzerland, with the main prize being US$500 000 in equity investment.
“We honestly think the best way to have an impact in emerging countries is by investing and promoting entrepreneurship in emerging markets. We look forward to seeing how the Ivorian startup scene has evolved in a year and we are excited to discover the new startups in Côte d’Ivoire,” said associate for Africa at Seedstars World, Claudia Makadristo in a press release to Ventureburn.
The 11 startups competing at the Abidjan leg of Seedstars World are as follows:
- Mon Artisan – an app that connects customers to a skilled craftsman with regards to the job they need complete
- Aphelion Energy – a solar energy startup which installs and delivers energy solutions to rural areas
- Fortitude – an online educational platform dedicated to online video courses for students and parents
- Kalejob – this job-finding platform allows users to apply for vacancies via SMS
- Djazi – an easy to use service that allows you to find a domestic worker for your needs
- Coliba – app for helping users separate their waste
- Etudesk – web platform which allows the easy setup of elearning services
- Traffety – a network which allows you to know where there’s an emergency
- SimPay – simple online solution which offers small loans via credit card use among partners using mobile credit card readers
- Syca SAS – an efficient and easy-to-use digital payment service
- ZoomVocal SARL – online audio learning tool which allows you to learn new competencies at your own pace
Seedstars World is partnering with Transforming Education in Cocoa Communities (TRECC) who are also sponsoring a US$50 000 prize for the startup which improves the quality of education.
“We are sponsoring Seedstars Abidjan and the Transforming Education Prize to support Cote d’Ivoire in becoming a hub for education enterprises providing affordable market-based solutions that achieve quality education in rural areas throughout West Africa,” said TRECC Country Director, Sabina Vigani.
“We are excited to see what the vibrant start-up scene in Abidjan has to offer and are looking forward to building relationships with the local social entrepreneur community,” Vigani continued.
If you’d like to find out more about Seedstars World Abidjan, visit the Seedstars World website.
Featured image: Abdallahh via Flickr