Wow, well this was unexpected. Keanu Reeves and Halle Berry’s John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum debuted a number one on the SA box office…
Entrepreneurs are invited to pitch their retail business ideas for a chance to win a share of R100 000 in seed funding as well as R150 000 in LaunchLab incubation support. The programme takes place on selected campuses of all major SA universities and will be running until 23 September 2016.
The final judging round will take place on 19 October 2016, though a venue has yet to be set.
The Retail Ideas Programme is looking for entrepreneurs whose innovative ideas address the following:
- Payments within ATTACQ properties
- Innovative solutions that improve customer experience, convenience and comfort
- Ideas and solutions around tackling operational issues such as utilities, security and cleaning
- And solutions in response to ecommerce of both client and customer
ATTACQ Retail Ideas Programme aims to build a sustainable value-added service for clients.
“We want to create opportunities that expose bright entrepreneurial minds. LaunchLab’s Pitching Platform is a great platform for aspiring and emerging entrepreneurs to test the viability of their business ideas and to gain access to a valuable entrepreneurial network,” said CEO of LaunchLab, Philip Marais.
Participants wishing to enter will be required to create an informal three-minute video with “no digital presentations,” recorded at the following universities:
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of the Western Cape
- University of Cape Town
- The Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- University of Johannesburg
- WITS University
- The University of Kwa-Zulu Natal and
- University of Pretoria
Alternatively, if you’d like to enter your video or sign up, you can do so here.
Featured image: Neonm3 via Flickr