The Shoprite Group has announced Money Market Account holders can now use their Xtra Savings cards to make transactions. Shoppers that have a Money…
Global pitching competition, Seedstars World, is heading to Zimbabwe to find the country’s best tech startup. The event will take place on 31 October at Dicovereum in Harare.
Seedstars World is travelling through 65 countries to find the best startups, with chosen finalists competing for up to US$1-million in equity. The final pitches will take place in Switzerland in 2017.
“Impact Hub Harare is excited about hosting Seed StarsWorld in Zimbabwe for the first time. This is really a great opportunity to have our local ‘hustle’ on a global stage and for the ‘hustlers’ themselves to learn from other innovators worldwide,” said the co-founder of local Seedstars ambassador, Impact Hub Network Harare, Tadzoka Pswarayi.
The top 12 startups pitching at Seedstars World Harare are:
- Zivai – Provides web-based hands-on skills development and training on STEM in electronic design and programming.
- Potea – A crowed-sourced lost and found network.
- Dr CADx – A computer-aided diagnostic system which could help doctors diagnose medical images a lot quicker and more accurately.
- Round Technologies – A B2B platform which allows tuckshops to bypass wholesalers and buy stock directly from the manufacturers.
- MoneySmart – A life-management app which provides an interactive budget planner, goal planner, calculators as well as web-based content savings among other things.
- PENYA Finance – Using an agent-based network approach, this financial service is geared toward serving marginalised youth.
- BizeX – Serves as a global networking platform connecting startups and entrepreneurs alike.
- Road Rules Solutions – An innovative way for African’s to acquire their driver’s license.
- Ignite Africa – Uses 3D biotechnology as a driving force to unlock the potential of all.
- iFarm – A platform connecting farmers to their value chain through apps, drones, sensors RFID as well as mobile soil analysis.
- Hurudza Africa – Aims to provide small-holding farmers access to affordable tech and resources that increase their yields and revenue.
- Hurukuro – A cloud platform for small-holding African farms to transact as well as produce and deliver their produce effectively.
Seedstars World in partnership with TRECC, will be awarding the best educational startup the Transforming Education Prize of over US$50 000.
Intel has also partnered with Seedstars World to award the best tech startups the Intel Solutions Challenge prize. This prize results in the winner being invited to the Demo Day with internal and external partners.
Featured image: Gary Bembridge via Flickr