After announcing free WiFi hotspots in the form of Google Station in South Africa just three months ago, Google on Monday revealed that it…
The Cap40 Business Award Gala, to be held at the Radisson Blu Hotel, will bring together both South African and French SMEs and entrepreneurs.
The event aims to celebrate the businesses and individuals for their work in contributing to the French-South African business community.
The gala event will include wine tasting, 3D printing demonstrations, a dinner prepared by the Radisson Hotel chefs and finally, a pitching competition.
The awards to be handed out on the evening include:
- Young Entrepreneur Award – Will honour young men and women under the age of 35 who have created a business that adds to the growth of the economy
- French Tech Award – This award will honour those tech companies who’ve produced a tech product or service that has performed well.
- Best Speaker of the Year Award – This award will be given to one of the Cap40 speakers for their relevant interviews
- Gout De France – Will honour any SME or entrepreneur promoting French culture within SA
- Trade and Investment Award – Will celebrate any entrepreneur or SME for their work in building international trade
Eligible parties need to have operations in the Western Cape as well as not being able to raise funds from banks or funding agencies. Eligible companies also need to have their product or service at the idea or pre-revenue stage.
Featured image: John Hickey-Fry via Flickr