MTN and Cool Ideas are the fastest internet providers in South Africa, according to the findings of market reports published by Ookla. The reports…
One of Europe’s leading startup events, Slush, will take place from 30 November to 1 December in Helsinki,Finland.
With over 15 000 attendees and more than 1-million live-stream viewers, the event will also be hosting some of Africa’s innovative startups. The conference will sport a variety of distinguished speakers and investors presenting a multitude of talks and studies relating to SMEs and entrepreneurship.
Some of the events happening during the conference include a fireside chat with the founder and chairman of Lower Case Capital, Chris Sacca; a presentation on fintech startups and how they’re democratising capital markets and much more.
Slush 2016 may be a major European startup event, but there are plenty of African participants too
The finalists participating in the Slush Global Impact Accelerator come from around the globe. These participants will receive an online pre-mentoring programme, participate in a bootcamp from 22 November to 2 December, attend a skills workshop with industry leaders, matchmaking sessions as well as gain general access to Slush 2016.
The African Slush participants are:
- Millennium Engineers – Is a renewable energy startup operating in Tanzania
- Musanga Logistics – A pickup and delivery service that allows you to send and receive packages throughout Lusaka
- Teledoctor – Is an online healthcare service offering a wide variety of medical services
- Volkeno – A Senegalese technology company specialising in creating mobile apps
- WebRadar – Is a cloud-based big data software solution helping to map a sector or topics of interest
- Yusudi – Yusudi is a life skill development program aimed at educating young people
- HaletaTech – Is a growing software and engineering development company
- IzyShop – Is an online market specialising in selling fresh produce and meat
- Mozambikes – Is a bicycle industry aimed at helping rural men and women transport their goods to and from their destination
- CoinAfrique – Is a mobile application specialising in the buying and selling of personal goods
- Andando – Is a carpooling initiative which allows users to find the nearest pick-up point in their vicinity
- Agri Apps – Builds SA internet-based software and hardware products for farmers
Featured image: Aleksandra Okolo-Kulak via Slush Media