It is undeniable that the United States and the United Kingdom dominate the silver screen. However, especially in recent years, South Africa has increasingly…
Ventureburn.com is seeking a talented and driven startup-savvy news writer & editor who lives and breathes startups. We’re looking for someone dynamic and dedicated to become part of our exciting company based in Cape Town, on a full-time basis.
- Writing news & feature stories about the continent’s startup story, including conducting interviews with some of the top and emerging entrepreneurs and VC’s in South Africa, as well as the rest of the continent.
- Network with some of the best entrepreneurs in Africa.
- Attending startup events and sniffing out scoops
- Subbing, headline writing
- Managing contributors and topics list
- Based in Cape Town
- IMPORTANT: Knowledge of the local startup industry (who are the top startups and entrepreneurs) is critical for this role.
- Experience in writing about startup, tech and innovation is essential
- Passion for tech, startups and entrepreneurs
- Drive, attitude, and a sense of humour
- A love for the latest innovations, trends & digital media
- Understand the difference between news writing and feature writing
- Excellent command of the English language
- Tertiary education or relevant industry experience
- Attend exciting events
- Real coffee
- Startup culture!
- Applicants to mail CV and covering letter to email@example.com