Twitter has announced it will introduce updates to prevent tweets from disappearing when a user’s timeline auto-refreshes. In a tweet posted on 22 September,…
Vivatech and AfricArena are calling for African early-stage startups with artificial intelligence (AI) based agritech solutions to apply to the Vivatech 2019 Challenge.
Applications for the challenge will close on 1 September.
In order to be considered, applicants must have AI-based tech, products or services that include, among others: image recognition, soil and assets analysis, big data, remote sensors and connected machines .
Entries of the Vivatech 2019 Challenge are set to close on 1 September
The winner will get the chance to exhibit at French tech summit Vivatech 2019 in Paris. The second and third placed startups will get a pitching slot and two tickets to the summit.
The challenge organisers are looking for solutions that will:
- Help predict and monitor climatic impacts by using data and predictive schemes.
- Integrate with existing systems and infrastructures — including in limited connectivity areas — without needing a significant investment.
- Take into account the collaboration between employees and AI, especially regarding skills needed to use, assess and develop the technology.
- Support financing of local initiatives
- Generate a self-running growth engine for agritech in Africa.