While 5G is still firmly on the agenda for Vodacom in 2019, the company’s also looking at other budding technologies to expand its business…
Vivatech and AfricArena are calling for African early-stage startups with artificial intelligence (AI) based agritech solutions to apply to the Vivatech 2019 Challenge.
Applications for the challenge will close on 1 September.
In order to be considered, applicants must have AI-based tech, products or services that include, among others: image recognition, soil and assets analysis, big data, remote sensors and connected machines .
Entries of the Vivatech 2019 Challenge are set to close on 1 September
The winner will get the chance to exhibit at French tech summit Vivatech 2019 in Paris. The second and third placed startups will get a pitching slot and two tickets to the summit.
The challenge organisers are looking for solutions that will:
- Help predict and monitor climatic impacts by using data and predictive schemes.
- Integrate with existing systems and infrastructures — including in limited connectivity areas — without needing a significant investment.
- Take into account the collaboration between employees and AI, especially regarding skills needed to use, assess and develop the technology.
- Support financing of local initiatives
- Generate a self-running growth engine for agritech in Africa.