Residents of Cape Town were treated to sights of a robot dog walking through the CBD as Dwyka Mining Services showcased Boston Dynamic’s Spot….
The event, which is themed “Rise of the Digital Citizen” will take place between 16 and 18 July at the Kigali Convention Centre in the Rwandan capital.
The conference will again feature an Innovation Showcase, including the #BetterFuture Stage which will highlight how the mobile and ICT industry is working towards achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Mobile 360 Africa will be held between 16 and 18 July in Kigali, Rwanda
Mobile 360 Africa will highlight the initiatives and activities undertaken by the GSMA Mobile for Development programme.
The event will focus on its work to increase access to and use of life-enhancing mobile services and to accelerate socio-economic improvements for the under-served, especially women, rural communities and youth.
Additionally, the event will explore digital and financial inclusion, as well as identity for the unregistered.
Mobile360 Africa will also see CEOs and leading executives from leading companies in the mobile industry and throughout the digital ecosystem address the most pressing trends and issues in mobile.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Airtel Chief Regulatory Officer Daddy Mukadi Bujitu
- Bankable Frontier Associates CEO Amolo Ng’weno
- Bank of Industry of Nigeria executive director Toyin Adeniji
- Digital Impact Alliance CEO Kate Wilson
- EmPowered FinTech CEO Eunice Ntobedzi
- Eswatini Minister of ICT Princess Sikhanyiso Dlamini
- Ethio Telecom CEO Frehiwot Tamiru
- Evolving Consulting CEO and founder, and chair of Digital Economy committee Reine Mbang Essobmadje
- Huawei 5g chief marketing officer Daisy Zhu
- Mara Group founder Ashish Thakkar
- Millicom (Tigo) managing director Simon Karikari
- McKinsey partner Tawanda Sibanda
- MTN Rwanda CEO Bart Hofker
- OneWatt Solar COO and Blockchain strategist Victor Alagbe
- PrepClass co-founder Olumide Ogunlana
- Pundi X CEO Zac Cheah
- Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority director general Patrick Nyirishema
- Safaricom chief corporate affairs officer Stephen Chege
- Safaricom chief development officer Debra Mallowah
- Soronko Academy CEO Regina Honu
- Digital Opportunity Trust regional advisor, africa and Rwanda director Violette Uwamutara
- KCCA water and sanitation deputy director Dr William Najib Bateganya
- Ooredoo Group senior director regulatory affairs senior director Bharat Vagadia
- Rwana Minister of Information and Communications Technologies and Innovation Paula Ingabire
In addition to the keynote addresses, attendees can also expect fireside chats and panel discussions that tackle key issues on trust, technology, future media and next generation connectivity.
The bi-annual GSMA Mobile Money Leadership Forum will take place on the final day of the conference. At the forum, industry leaders will discuss current trends and future innovations in mobile money.
In a statement earlier this month, GSMA CEO John Hoffman said the association is “excited” to return to Rwanda for a second year.
“As technology and entrepreneurship gathers speed across the region, at the event we will be exploring the age of the digital citizen and the positive impact of mobile throughout this vibrant region,” added Hoffman.