Google has announced the completion of its acquisition of wearable company Fitbit. The announcement was made by Google Senior Vice President, Devices & Services…
Following a successful inaugural Women in Tech & Digital Conference held in Cape Town earlier this month, mobile solutions consultancy Useful & Beautiful and Women in Tech ZA have revealed an all-women lineup of speakers for next month’s Gauteng event.
Useful & Beautiful and Women in Tech ZA said in a statement yesterday that the Gauteng event will be held on 10 July at the Outsurance Auditorium in Centurion.
Early bird tickets (which close tomorrow) cost R1750. Ticket sales close on 7 July.
Useful & Beautiful and Women in Tech ZA have announced that a Gauteng event will be held on 10 July
The event will features an all-female speaker lineup, including:
- Popcorn Training founder Anna Collard who will talk on female entrepreneurship in the field of cyber security
- Group Talent Management at Sun International Ashnie Muthusamy who will delve into how to maintain balance and flow
- Obami founder and CEO Barbara Mallinson who will talk on her experiences as an entrepreneur in Africa
- Finfind CEO Darlene Menzies who will discuss taking risks, failing, and coming back strong
- Trace senior VP of digital and mobile services Gillian Ezra who will talk about how podcasts are becoming your new personal radio
- Hers&His and join.the.dots co-founder Ingrid Lotze who will look at finding creative ways to accommodate and take advantage of gender diversity in the tech sector.
- Go Social SA founder Jacqui Mackway-Wilson who will talk about how to get the best out of social media for your business
- Development Bank of Southern Africa CIO Kholeka Tsotsotso will discuss her personal leadership journey
- U&B co-founder and CPO Lynette Hundermark who will delve into how to integrate the silos of tech and digital to create purposeful solutions
- Rekindle Learning founder Rapelang Rabana who will look at becoming a digital master
- Tech Girl founder Samantha Wright will discuss breaking the gender barriers in the gaming industry
- Impact Hub Johannesburg CEO Thandi Dyani will look at leading social entrepreneurship
The event also features a technology trends panel discussion, which will be chaired by Women in Tech ZA co-founder Samantha Perry and delve into technology in action, particularly AI, Machine Learning and blockchain.
The panellists include Nedbank data scientist Pelonomi Moila, Bonsai Solutions CEO Bianca Minnaar and Standard Bank’s Naomi Snyman.
Featured image: The line up of speakers for Women in Tech’s Gauteng event which takes place next month (Supplied)