Reddit on Monday announced that it’s testing its new Reddit Public Access Network (RPAN) until Friday, giving users the opportunity to live stream on…
The Ghana leg of the pitching competition will be held at the Stanbic Business Incubator and will feature a fireside chat with Accra Angels Network lead promoter Nelson Amo.
The startup that wins the event will receive an all-inclusive trip to represent Ghana at the Seedstars Africa Summit which will be held in Johannesburg in December (see this story).
The nine startups that will pitch at the event operate in the fintech, agritech and verticals. They are:
- Growth Factor: Fintech startup Growth Factor has developed Nvoicia an invoice factoring product that enables small businesses to gain access to collateral-free working capital through invoice discounting.
- Agripool: This Accra-based agritech startup has developed a social crowd-farming service.
- TechShelta: Agritech TechShelta helps greenhouse farmers to improve their production efficiency and incomes through its web and mobile app.
- Kwidex: Kwidex is an Accra-based crowdlending platform that enables everyday people to invest in the agricultural value chain for returns after a listed period, and by doing so connects farmers to flexible and affordable credit.
- Jumeni: Also based in Accra, Jumeni provides cloud-based field management, monitoring, revenue collection and payment solutions for companies with field operations.
- Codetrain: Operating in Accra, Codetrain transforms African youth into professional software developers through in-person software training bootcamps and then matches them to job opportunities.
- Sumundi: Lapaz-based Sumundi has developed software that helps shop owners track and manage sales and inventory.
- Gas App: Gas App has developed an online platform for liquid petroleum gas (LPG) delivery and distribution which works through a mobile app and smart device.
- Nocofio: This Accra-based online lending platform connects farmers to finance.
The Seedstars Accra winner will also be in the standing to win a spot at the Seedstars Global Summit in Switzerland in April next year, where the winner will take home a $500 000 investment prize, as well as three months access to an investment readiness programme.
The winner will be selected by a panel of judges comprised of Venture Capital Trust Fund GM Hamdiya Ismaila, Velia Consulting MD Adu Ampofo, Investisseurs & Partenaires (I&P) principal Baafour Otu-Boateng and Seedstars investment manager Fredrik Andersson.
Fincap Securities investment banking senior associate Nana Okyir Baido, Alta Global Ventures partner Victor Asemota, Oasis Capital Ghana investment manager Grace Safoa Buaka and tech entrepreneur Klenam Fiadzoe will also be on the judging panel.
Following the Accra event, Seedstars World moves to Tanzania where it will hold the Seedstars Zanzibar pitching competition on 15 August.
Read more: Seedstars announces Joburg as host city for its Africa summit
Read more: P2P micro lending marketplace Pezesha wins Seedstars Nairobi
Read more: All-woman panel to select Seedstars Nairobi winner from these 10 Kenyan startups
Featured image: lapping via Pixabay