Instrument manufacturer Roland has launched Zentracker, a mobile app that lets users record multitrack audio and apply sound effects. The app is now available…
The South African winners of the 2019 Southern Africa Startup Awards (SASAwards) have been announced.
The awards form part of the annual Global Startup Awards which aim to spotlight tech startups from around the world.
SASAwards said in a statement on Wednesday (18 September) that 19 winners across 19 categories were selected out of 73 finalists through public voting and an adjudication process.
The Southern Africa Startup Awards said the 19 winners were selected from among 73 finalists
The winners were announced last Thursday (12 September) at an event held in Cape Town at the SA Innovation Summit.
The 19 winners are:
- Fintech of the Year: Mama Money
- Female Role Model of the Year in Tech: Useful and Beautiful co-founder and director Lynette Hundermark
- Best Startup Ecosystem Initiative: GrowthWheel SA
- Brave Founder of the Year: Intuitive Web CEO Akintunde Rotimi
- Best Co-working Space of the Year: Workshop 17
- Best Fashion Tech: Zabantu
- Investor of the Year: Kalon Venture Partners
- Best Water Crises Management Solution: Lige
- Best Student Tech: Quillo
- Best Social Impact: Ctrl
- Best Edutech Startup: Why Toyz
- Founder of the Year: Pargo founders Lars Veul and Derk Hoekert
- Best Healthtech Startup: The Birthing Team
- Startup of the Year: Lula
- Best Newcomer: MomSays
- Best Food or Agritech Startup: Revolute Systems
- Best Media Partner: The Loudhailer
- Best Accelerator or Incubator: Startupbootcamp AfriTech
- People’s Choice of the Year: No Land Farming
The 19 will now move on to the regional grand finale where six regional winners will be selected to compete at the Global Startup Awards.
Featured image: 2019 Southern Africa Startup Awards SA chapter winners (Supplied)