Free-to-play platform game, MultiVersus has announced that Season 1 of the offering will begin on August 15 after preliminary reports indicated that the game…
Johannesburg-based insurtech startup Naked has emerged the overall winner of this year’s MTN App Awards. This, after it scooped the best financial solution and best app accolades.
The awards were held last Thursday at the Sandton Convention Centre and spanned multiple categories including consumer, enterprise, healthcare, gaming, educational and financial solutions. Over 600 entries were submitted for this year’s edition.
Naked, which was founded in 2016 by Sumarie Greybe, Ernest North and Alex Thomson, offers end-to-end artificial intelligence (AI) based car insurance.
MTN App Awards winner Naked will get a trip to Silicon Valley valued at R200 000
The startup won a trip to Silicon Valley valued at R200 000 to connect with other cutting-edge businesses.
North said in a statement last Friday (25 October) that with “so many great apps” on show at the awards, it was inspiring to see how many entrepreneurs were using technology to change lives.
“We are truly humbled that from 600 entries we won the overall App of the year.
“I’m so proud of the team that had the courage to build our system from scratch, with the clear goal of transforming car insurance from a grudge purchase into a transparent, convenient and simple customer experience,” added North.
The other winners from the event are:
- Most Innovative Solution: SI Realities
- Best Gaming App: Lost Defence
- Best South African App: Franc
- Best Health Solution: Vula Mobile
- Best Educational Solution: Matric Live
- Best Women in Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (Stem) Solution: My Pregnancy Journal and LocTransie
- Best Incubated Solution: LocTransie
- Best Agricultural Solution: Hydra
- People’s Choice Award: Bottles
- Best Consumer App: Over
- Best Enterprise App: Digger
- Best Breakthrough Developer: Mo Wash
Read more: Investors put R30m more in SA insurtech Naked after ‘strong first 6 months’
Read more: Seven SA insurtech startups to watch [Digital All Stars]
Read more: Hollard, Yellowwoods invests R20m in SA insurtech Naked
Featured image: 2019 MTN App Awards winners (Supplied)