US venture capital (VC) company Village Capital has announced the names of those chosen to serve on its advisory board for a management training programme aimed at helping train those that work at entrepreneur support organisations in Africa.
No ad to show here.
Village Capital’s NextGen Ecosystem Builders Africa 2020 kicks off in May
In an announcement which was made on LinkedIn yesterday, the VC said the advisory board members will help the VC to sort through applications for the programme.
Some will join the programme as guest facilitators and mentors during the in-person workshop this May.
The names of those chose to serve on the advisory board are:
- GreenTec Capital Partners CEO Erick Yong
French Agency for Development’s (AFD) Isadora Bigourdan
- Vitol Foundation’s Jane Kelly
- Legacy Impact Venture Enterprises Africa (Live Africa) CEO Mabinty Koroma-Moore
- GSMA Ecosystem Accelerator market engagement director Martin Karanja
- Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) regional chapter manager for East Africa, Maryanne Ochola
- Blue Haven Initiative’s Megan McCarthy
- African Development Bank senior innovation platform officer within the jobs for youth in Africa department Ndeye Absa
- Harambee Youth Employment Accelerator chief impact officer Sharmi Surianarain
- Startupbootcamp Africa chief investment officer Zachariah George
The VC said it will announce the names of the selected participants next month.
Featured image: NextGen Ecosystem Builders Africa 2020 advisory board members (Village Capital via LinkedIn)