Instagram has announced that it will set accounts of under-16 users to private by default, one of several measures it’s introducing to protect young…
The showcase will be hosted in October by AWS Activate and VC4A, as part of a virtual gathering of Africa-focused early-stage investors.
The showcase which has been hosted since 2017 by VC4A, as part of the annual Africa Early Stage Investor Summit, has resulted in a number of Series A deals totalling over $100-million.
Applications for VC4A’s Venture Showcase – Series A close on 14 August
VC4A works closely with the African investment community to refer candidates to the showcase, involving investors in both the screening and selection process.
Participating investors work with the selected companies to prepare their participation in the showcase, and to ensure the companies are representative of the best investment opportunities coming up from across the continent.
The 10 selected scale-ups of the 2020 edition will get:
- To participate in the VC4A Venture Showcase deal room, which includes over 150 venture capital (VC) investment firms
- Professional edited three-minute virtual pitch videos
- 30-minute deep-dive sessions with investors in a private room
- Mentorship and pitch training by partner VC investors
- Amazon Web Services credits from AWS Activate worth ranging from $10 000 to $25 000, as well as tools, resources, and more to get started quickly on AWS
Applications close on 14 August.
Featured image: Delegates pictured at the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit 2019 held in Cape Town in November last year. (Facebook)