If you’re asking if there will be load shedding on Christmas and New Year’s day, the answer is most likely. Eskom in its 52-week…
We’ve been wondering what would take to catapult crypto into mainstream adoption and over the last few months, we seem to have found the answers.
Sean Sanders, the founder of the investment platform Revix, which is backed by JSE-listed Sabvest, explains “To say that the past month has been one of the most important in crypto’s history would be an understatement.”
At the time of writing, Bitcoin, the largest crypto asset, is trading at a three-year high above $16,000 and is within spitting distance of its all-time high daily close of $19,397, which occurred in December 2017.
These moves see Bitcoin up 40% in the past month, and more than 120% on a year-to-date basis, and that’s after its 91% return in 2019.
The Revix Top 10 Bundle, which equally weights the 10 largest cryptocurrencies, and Revix’s two crypto theme-based Bundles – which provide exposure to niche crypto themes of payment and smart contract focused cryptocurrencies are up also well up in 2020.
This price boom pushes crypto’s returns ahead of traditional assets like gold (up 24%) and the S&P 500 (up 12%).
Prices, however, are just part of the story. Developments over the past month have been equally exciting.
A few highlights:
- PayPal—one of the world’s largest digital payment firms —announced that it would offer all 200+ million U.S. users the ability to buy and sell 5 of the largest cryptocurrencies (including bitcoin, ethereum, Litecoin, and bitcoin cash) by the end of the year. This has the potential to more than double the number of global crypto investors overnight which is estimated by the University of Cambridge to be around 100 million. The payment giant said that it would enable crypto payments at 26 million U.S. merchants in Q1 2021 which is a big first step for mainstream adoption.
- Square—the payments platform headed by famous Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey— announced that they had invested 1% of their total assets in Bitcoin. This sizable investment of around $50 million, about 4,709 Bitcoins. The investment, which mirrors that of NASDAQ listed Microstrategy, was made due to the state of the global economy, interest in arguably the most discussed innovation in the financial sector this century, the maturation in the crypto ecosystem, and many other factors.
- J.P. Morgan, whose CEO called bitcoin a fraud just three years ago, published an in-depth feature in its flagship research series comparing bitcoin to gold, and saying its price could double or triple if current trends continue. Earlier this year, J.P. Morgan also agreed to provide banking services to crypto pioneer Coinbase and has been getting involved in additional ways.
- Institutional participation in crypto hit an all-time high, measured by the number of large institutions – such as pension funds, endowments, family offices, and hedge funds – holding significant positions in CME bitcoin futures—up 20% in a single month.
Revix had its own record-breaking month with thousands of new sign-ups. Record inflows from high net worth individuals and everyday investors looking to get started in the crypto space have started to accelerate.
Sanders elaborates: “Despite the news breaking headlines of positive crypto developments—a complete U-turn from just 12-months ago—for those of us working full time in crypto for several years, much of what has transpired this last month felt inevitable. We always believed that large institutions like PayPal would help normalise crypto for everyday use and institutional investors would come around to this new asset class and become bullish on the asset class and would invest in meaningful ways.”
He continues “What’s remarkable is that it all seems to be happening at the same time, and this is becoming a reinforcing cycle, where positive adoption news – like that of Paypal entering the crypto space or JP Morgan becoming bullish on crypto – puts pressure on other big-name payment institutions and financial firms to do the same. This becomes an accelerated cycle of adoption, which is what we’re seeing today and it’s resulting in an avalanche of developments that are bringing crypto from the shadows to the mainstream.
Owning a diversified basket of the largest cryptocurrencies
For investors looking to gain crypto exposure, Revix has brought low-cost diversified crypto-index investing to everyday investors through their ready-made crypto Bundles, making crypto investing as easy as buying the JSE Top 40. Revix is accessible as investors can get started with as little as R500 investment and what’s great is that you can sell out and withdraw your funds at any time after purchase. There are no lock-up periods like with other investment funds.
Revix charges no monthly subscription fees, but rather a simple 1% transaction fee for both buys and sells and a 0.17% per month rebalancing fee (which amounts to 2.04% a year) on the total Bundle value held.
Revix’s Top 10 Bundle aims to deliver on one promise: To make sure that customers own the ten largest, and by default the ten biggest success stories, in the crypto space, whatever they may be.
Revix also offers two theme-based crypto Bundles. The first is the Payment Bundle that provides exposure to the top five payment-focused cryptocurrencies looking to make digital payments cheaper, faster, and more global.
The second is their Smart Contract Bundle, which consists of cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum that enable developers to build applications on top of their blockchains, much like how developers build mobile apps on top of the Apple mobile iOS operating system.
Revix’s Crypto Promotion
Revix is offering customers a remarkable November promotion.
New customers who sign-up to the platform at www.revix.com with the promo-code CRYPTO and who deposit and invest between R2 000 and R5 000 in any one of their three crypto Bundles before the end of December will receive 10 days of crypto investing completely free of loss.
That’s up to 10 days of fully covered investing where the worst you can do is break-even. You’ll keep all your profits and Revix will cover any downside.
How do I get started?
- Read Revix’s Fully Covered promotional Terms and Conditions,
- Head over to www.revix.com and sign-up for a free account,
- Make sure to enter the Revix promo code – CRYPTO – when signing-up in the referral code textbox,
- Deposit between R2,000 to R5,000 before the 5th of December to qualify for a Fully Covered 10-day period,
- Make sure that you receive an email confirming that your account is Fully Covered within 12-hours of signing up,
- Use the full amount that you deposited to buy any one of Revix’s crypto Bundles, and
- You’ll be on your way with Revix’s Fully Covered November promotion.
How to sign up for Revix
How about an example?
If crypto investor ‘Joe’ signs-up for a Revix account using the promo code “CRYPTO”, he will receive an email letting him know that his 10-days Fully Covered promotional period has started.
Joe will then need to verify his account and invest between R2,000 to R5,000 into one of Revix’s 3 crypto Bundles.
At the end of the 10-days
In the case where Joe’s investment has increased in value, he will be entitled to keep all of his gains and either keep his Revix Bundle investment open or withdraw his funds. No strings attached.
In the case where Joe’s investment has gone down in value, Revix will deposit ZAR into Joe’s Revix account which will return him to the exact same amount that he deposited. Joe can then either keep his Revix investment open or withdraw his funds. Again, no strings attached.
In either case, Joe has his initial investment amount guaranteed for 10-days and can keep all his returns.
Don’t wait, sign-up now so you don’t miss out on this truly Fully Covered investment opportunity.
Revix brings simplicity, trust, and great customer service to investing. Its easy-to-use online platform enables anyone to securely own the world’s top investments in just a few clicks.
Revix guides new clients through the sign-up process, to their first deposit and first investment. Once set up, most customers manage their own portfolio, but can access support from the Revix team at any time.
For more information, visit Revix.
This article is intended for informational purposes only. The views expressed are not and should not be construed as investment advice or recommendations. This article is not an offer, nor the solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell any of the assets or securities mentioned herein. You should not invest more than you can afford to lose, and before investing please take into consideration your level of experience and investment objectives, and seek independent financial advice if necessary.
Featured image: Supplied
Company Office is a subscription-based press office service.