MTN has announced the launch of the MTN Online School, a free online portal with learning resources and lessons, as well as additional tools…
This week’s events focus mainly on fintech and feature experienced business owners looking to help young startup founders.
Ventureburn has updated its existing weekly series that highlights all the top startup events in Africa, by shifting to focus only on web events broadcast from Africa.
If you have any event recommendations for us to add to the list, or next week’s, please let us know in the comments below or send us an email.
Please notify us by Friday of the week before the event.
Not all the events are free and some will require booking in advance.
Please click on the event names to find out more information.
All times below are set in South African time unless indicated. These events are free of charge unless otherwise indicated.
Heavy Chef: Fintech in Africa
This Heavy Chef Inspire Session is a hybrid event. Zinhle Novazi (MC) is a Tax & Fiduciary Specialist at Investec and an Admitted Attorney, specialising in Tax Law and Data Privacy, and will be MCing the event live on stage at Workshop17 to a physical audience, livestreamed to audience members around the world.
Many interesting themes will be covered, including:
- The utility of cryptocurrencies.
- Building e-commerce that scales internationally.
- Fintech disrupting big corporates.
- Competitiveness and innovation in the financial sector.
Speakers include Jonathan Smit, founder of PayFast, the leading payments solution for small to medium-size businesses in Africa and Marius Reitz is the GM of Luno, Africa’s largest cryptocurrency exchange.
Date: 29 June 2021, 6pm-7:30pm
Startup Grind’s PR for Startups – How to use it for massive growth
PR and Brand Specialist Rethabile Lechela will discuss why PR is a good means to get your market’s attention and foster growth when your startup doesn’t have a marketing budget.
Date: 29 June 2021, 6pm
Hatch Institute: Cultureneering Masterclass
Ian Fur, well-known entrepreneur, founder of the Sorbet Group and director of the Hatch institute will be hosting a masterclass on the following topics:
- Cultureneering – how to build a strong culture in a diverse workforce
- Lay the platform for obsessive customer service.
- The powerful link between culture and service
- Establish your reason for being, core values and the purpose of work
- Navigate the socio-political landscape and the complex melting pot of diversity
- Become a culture-driven leader who has earned the moral authority to lead
- Build a community of people that has a sense of belonging and a true common purpose
- Deliver obsessive customer service
Date: 01 July 2021, 9am-12pm
Featured image: Jievani Weerasinghe via Unsplash