Researchers at the University of Edinburgh have developed a smart helmet for firefighters. The helmet is mounted with test phase radar and cameras that…
The moment of truth has arrived. While more than 200 start-ups applied, only ten have made the cut to pitch live on stage during the upcoming Africa Money & DeFi Summit in Accra, Ghana.
The founders will pitch their leading ventures in fintech, crypto and Web3 to over 400 fintech and crypto leaders who are set to gather at the West Africa event on 27 and 28 September. They will also have a rare opportunity to connect with top investors, corporates, and other decision-makers.
“We are excited with the response for our latest edition of Pitch Live and are really looking forward to showcasing these new Web3 and fintech ventures,” says Andrew Fassnidge, founder of Africa Money & DeFi Summit.
“Following this year’s success stories from the Africa Tech Summit Nairobi edition, where a number of Pitch Live ventures closed round after pitching, our aim is to continue to drive investment and connect ventures, investors and partners.”
The successful start-ups are:
- Kotani Pay provides technology stack that connects Blockchain protocols to local payment channels enabling crypto-enabled apps to onboard mainstream users in Africa.
- The Realest Token aims to ensure equality of opportunity in the world of investment. It innovates by combining real estate and NFTs, to create pioneering rNFTs.
- KORIX: a DEFI app built to allow Africans to purchase the KRX token with CFA fiat money. NFT badges unlocks real-life advantages and promotions on selected partners’ products and services.
- Tokpay Finance: a DeFi Neobank for micro finance and social protection programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Revio helps businesses collect more revenue through better customer interactions. It builds an all-in-one platform for recurring payments and collections infrastructure in emerging markets, starting with Africa.
- Zanifu helps MSME retailers in Sub-Saharan Africa to access credit to purchase inventory.
- Crunch Network: the first tokenised Afro-global decentralised lending platform. Its mission is to provide capital protection and yield enhancement products to retail investors.
- Bitpowr provides a modular ecosystem of Web3 and blockchain infrastructure to help businesses build blockchain powered solutions. It builds modern, critical infrastructure to help build the next financial services on the blockchain.
- Mazzuma: a mobile money payment system that utilises a distributed secure infrastructure and cryptocurrency to enable seamless payments.
- Jamborow: a SaaS platform digitising KYC and providing access to financial services to the unbanked and underbanked population across Africa.
Tickets to the Africa Money & DeFi Summit are available online.