The tech space faces a significant gap between available jobs and individuals with the necessary skills to fill them. A critical look at this…
Dell Technologies has announced updates to its 2024 partner program, aiming to strengthen collaboration with partners and focus on key growth areas like AI, edge computing, and sustainability. The program includes new competencies, expanded profit potential for certain offerings, and an effort to modernize the partner experience.
On the first day of Dell’s 2024 fiscal year, the company revealed a revamped partner strategy meant to help navigate the complexities of emerging technologies while driving shared success.
Partners remain integral to Dell, contributing around 50% of the company’s net revenue and over 60% of new and reactivated buyers over the past year. Building on this foundation, Dell seeks to further grow and modernise its core business moving forward.
Key 2024 partner program updates:
- Higher profit potential for Dell APEX Infrastructure as-a-Service offerings through simplified product categories and expanded incentives
- Increased earning potential for Client+ competency holders who hit certain revenue gates and attach ProSupport Plus services
- Launch of Partner ProServices, enabling partners to integrate Dell Services into their own offerings and manage engagements
- New 4% rebate kicker for partners with 2023 PowerFlex certification
To tap key growth areas like AI, edge and sustainability, Dell is launching three new partner competencies:
- Data Science & AI Competency
- Edge Solutions Competency
- Sustainability & ESG Competency
The company notes that AI-driven workloads at the edge and hosted in the cloud represent a $158.6B chPPartner Proannel opportunity by 2028. Partners skilled across these areas are best positioned to capitalise.
The Sustainability competency will help partners address customer needs through sustainability training and resources. Dell is also extending rebates for its circular IT solutions and asset recovery services.
Additionally, Dell aims to strengthen collaboration via its Partner First Strategy for storage and expanded server Partner of Record eligibility. A modernised online experience promises increased digital connectivity and self-serve capabilities for partners.
“In today’s dynamic IT landscape, it is more important than ever to have a trusted partner like Dell Technologies who can help navigate the complexities of AI, multicloud, edge and cybersecurity. Dell provides us with the technology, expertise, and support we need to drive profitable growth and success for our clients.” — Rachel Porco, Director, Strategic Alliances, AHEAD