The event will take place at Sonatel Headquarters in the Senegalese capital.
No ad to show here.
The Seedstars Dakar winner will represent Senegal at the Seedstars Africa summit which will be held in Johannesburg in December (see this story) where they will get a chance to win a spot at the Seedstars Global Summit in Switzerland.
The Seedstars Dakar winner will represent Senegal at the Seedstars Africa and Seedstars Global summits
At the summit, the winner will take home a $500 000 investment prize, as well as receive access to a three month investment readiness programme.
The eight startups pitching at Seedstars Dakar are:
- Afrikamart: This startup aims to become the largest quality fresh food supplier in West Africa. The startup’s solution tackles the challenges of access to market, logistics and efficient agriculture in the fresh food sector.
- Amalog Afrique: Amalog Africa aggregates a number of e-commerce websites on a single platform, allowing customers the purchase products at lower cost.
- Car Rapide Prestige: Logistics and delivery service startup which also offers a private rental service.
- Beinday: Beinday allows anyone to be online via its free Wi-Fi access points.
- Keys Job: Keys job is an applicant tracking system. Apart from recruitment services, the platform also offers online education courses for job seekers.
- Nima Codes: This startup offer a simple phone number addressing system for places without formal street addresses.
- SenVitale: SenVitale has developed a digital health passport which tracks and stores important medical information.
- Niaata: Niaata is a mobile application which aims to help local producers and craftsmen promote and market their products to the rest of the world
The eight will pitch in front of a jury panel comprised of Brightmore managing partner Ndeye Thiaw, Netherlands Trust Fund 1V ITC national coordinator Diabel Ndaw, Grofin investment manager Elhadji Malick Soumare and Seedstars World regional manager for Africa Claudia Makadristo.
Last year’s edition was won by payments startup Sudpay (see this story).
Read more: Four startups from Zanzibar event win chance to pitch at Seedstars Dar es Salaam
Read more: Here are the 10 Tanzanian startups pitching right now at Seedstars Zanzibar
Read more: Fintech startup Growth Factor wins Seedstars Accra
Read more: Seedstars announces Joburg as host city for its Africa summit
Read more: P2P micro lending marketplace Pezesha wins Seedstars Nairobi
Featured image: Jeff Attaway via Flickr (CC BY 2.0)