The Walt Disney Company has confirmed that South Africa is included in the 42 countries for its upcoming expanded launch of Disney+. The expansion…
Want to catch some of Tanzania’s best early-stage startups in action? You’ll want to make your way to Seedspace Dar es Salaam tomorrow where 12 startups will duke it out at this year’s Seedstars Dar es Salaam event.
Seedstars World, one of the largest emerging market startup competitions, has named eight more startups that will pitch at the event.
The event, which kicks-off at 4pm Tanzanian time today, will also feature a fireside chat with Tigo Tanzania chief business officer Pavan Ramdhani.
The Seedstars Dar es Salaam winner will represent Tanzania at the Seedstars Africa and Seedstars Global summits
The Seedstars Dar es Salaam winner will represent Tanzania at the Seedstars Africa summit which will be held in Johannesburg in December (see this story) where they will get a chance to win a spot at the Seedstars Global Summit in Switzerland.
At the summit, the winner will take home a $500 000 investment prize, as well as receive access to a three month investment readiness programme.
The eight other startups pitching at Seedstars Tanzania are:
- Mtabe App: Mtabe provides offline elearning and assistance via SMS for students who do not access to internet, textbooks or smartphones
- MyHI: MyHI is a mobile phone app that aims to simplify access to health insurance access
- Sheria Kiganjani: Digital legal platform that provides access to various legal services
- Kilimo Fresh Foods: Kilimo Fresh runs a B2B ecommerce produce distribution platform that links smallholder farmers and produce buyers.
- Noobites: This startup has developed a cloth which releases a highly effective wide-area spatial mosquito repellent which provides round-the-clock protection against mosquito bites.
- Nuru: A security and defence network for girls powered by girls against sexual harassment and physical violence.
- EX-Africa Tanzania: This tech hub plans to extend access, align needs and deliver on-demand services through digital platforms
- MITZ Innovations: Designs, builds and supplies easy to use portable and affordable sets of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (Stem) tools for students
The 12 startups will pitch in front of a jury panel that includes Human Development Innovation Fund country director Joseph Manirakiza, WFP Tanzania Innovation hub manager Christof Hawle, Seedstars general manager Innocent Mallya and Ten director of talent Catherinerose Baretto.
Read more: Here are the eight Senegalese startups pitching today at Seedstars Dakar
Read more: Four startups from Zanzibar event win chance to pitch at Seedstars Dar es Salaam
Read more: Here are the 10 Tanzanian startups pitching right now at Seedstars Zanzibar
Read more: Fintech startup Growth Factor wins Seedstars Accra
Read more: Seedstars announces Joburg as host city for its Africa summit
Read more: P2P micro lending marketplace Pezesha wins Seedstars Nairobi
Featured image: nike159 via Pixabay