Twitter has announced it will introduce updates to prevent tweets from disappearing when a user’s timeline auto-refreshes. In a tweet posted on 22 September,…
The event takes place today at 4pm at the Sensi Tech Hub in the Sierra Leonean capital.
The Seedstars Freetown winner will represent Sierra Leone at the Seedstars Africa summit which will be held in Johannesburg in December (see this story) where they will get a chance to win a spot at the Seedstars Global Summit in Switzerland.
The Seedstars Freetown winner will represent Sierra Leone at the Seedstars Africa summit
At the summit, the winner will take home a $500 000 investment prize, as well as receive access to a three month investment readiness programme.
The 10 startups pitching at Seedstars Freetown are:
- Uniworks: Lightweight and secure university management system
- SaloneBuy: SaloneBuy is a classifieds app and web platform that enables anyone to buy and sell online
- Taptap: On-demand ride hailing service
- Agro Fish Farm: Tilapia fish farming and distribution company
- Light Salone Innovation: Designs and fabricates small-scale hybrid renewable energy plants that are built using recycled materials
- Jalimi Farms: Provides smart farm solutions to coastal farmers
- Project 2000: Fresh fruit and vegetable delivery business
- Shop: Ecommerce platform
- Fepo Website Hosting: Cloud web, email and app hosting platform
- Track Your Build: Track Your Build was founded in 2014 by Samuel Nonie and Edmond Nonie and uses drones, satellites, cloud computing and analytics to provide aerial and resource data for construction and engineering projects.
Sensi Tech Innovation Hub programme manager Mohamed Hemoh, Sierra Leone Agro Processing Competitiveness Project SME TA facility manager Hamid Gbawuru Marah and Up! Africa CEO Chukwu-Emeka Chikezie will also speak at the event.
Judges for the event include: Directorate of Science, Technology and Innovation data scientist Kumba Liliana Musa, Madam Wokie CEO and creative director Mary Ann Kai Kai, Seedstars World regional manager Claudia Makadristo, De Victors founder and CEO Alfred Mbeteh and UBA brand manager Esther Michael Emeh.
Read more: Legaltech platform Sheria Kiganjani wins Seedstars Dar es Salaam
Read more: Agritech startup Afrikamart wins Seedstars Dakar
Read more: Here are the 12 startups that will pitch at today’s Seedstars Dar es Salaam
Read more: Healthtech platform Hospitalia wins Seedstars Cairo
Read more: Here are the eight Senegalese startups pitching today at Seedstars Dakar
Read more: Four startups from Zanzibar event win chance to pitch at Seedstars Dar es Salaam
Read more: Here are the 10 Tanzanian startups pitching right now at Seedstars Zanzibar
Read more: Fintech startup Growth Factor wins Seedstars Accra
Read more: Seedstars announces Joburg as host city for its Africa summit
Read more: P2P micro lending marketplace Pezesha wins Seedstars Nairobi
Editor’s note (3 September 2019): Seedstars regional manager Adaeze Zita Edokwe clarified today that Track Your Build had been accidentally left out from the initial list of startups selected to pitch at the event. The article has been updated to include the company.
Featured image: mifl68 via Flickr (CC BY 2.0)