The founders of South African cryptocurrency investment platform Africrypt have disappeared along with $3.6 billion (R51.4 billion) worth of Bitcoin, according to a report….
The event, which is currently underway (it started at 8.30am Tunisian time) at RedStart Tunisie in Tunis, will see the nine startups pitch their solutions to a local panel of judges between 1.30pm to 5.45pm Tunisian time.
The winner of the event will represent Tunisia at the Seedstars Middle East and North Africa (MENA) regional summit in Casablanca, Morocco in December.
The Seedstars Tunis winner will represent Tunisia at the Seedstars regional summit in Casablanca
At the regional summit, today’s winner will have the opportunity to be selected to join a three month growth programme as well as the Global Seedstars Summit where they stand to win up to $500 000 in equity funding.
A jury panel comprised of RedStart CEO Douja Gharbi, Seedstars venture capital (VC) analyst Francesca T Bombassei and Afkar Incubator coach in residence Adel Beznine.
The nine startups selected to pitch the pitching event are:
- Black Dune Studio: Black Dune Studio has developed a virtual reality (VR) medical training application
- Agence89: Agence89 has developed carpool platform Pip Pip Yalah
- Branper: Brand experiences platform which aims to help companies improve customer retention rates and reduce investments on customer care
- Artify: Video streaming platform that offers North African and Arab content
- IRIS Technologies: Develops hardware and software solutions that provide hive monitoring technology for beekeepers
- BnB Tunisie: Proptech platform that helps real estate agents manage transactional activities and assists them with customer relationships management and automatic ads serving
- Sciencia: Network of scientific leisure centres where children can learn and practice their creativity
- Seemba: Allows developers to monetise their games by integrating an innovative application programming interface (API) which enables them to add an eSport feature, generate a new revenue stream and increase customer attraction, loyalty as well as retention
- TrustiT: Online electronic device repair service with a pickup and delivery offering
Read more: Cape Verde ticketing startup Passafree wins Seedstars Praia
Read more: Here’s who’s pitching at this afternoon’s Seedstars Praia
Read more: Solar solutions firm Nadji.Bi Gambia wins Seedstars Banjul
Read more: Rwandan software development firm Exuus wins Seedstars Kigali
Read more: Here are the nine Gambian startups pitching this afternoon at Seedstars Banjul
Read more: These are the nine Rwandan startups pitching today at Seedstars Kigali
Read more: Angolan e-commerce platform Roque Online wins Seedstars Luanda
Read more: Here are the 10 Angolan startups pitching this afternoon at Seedstars Luanda
Read more: Sierra Leonean data analytics startup Track Your Build wins Seedstars Freetown
Read more: Here are the nine Sierra Leonean startups pitching today at Seedstars Freetown
Read more: Legaltech platform Sheria Kiganjani wins Seedstars Dar es Salaam
Read more: Agritech startup Afrikamart wins Seedstars Dakar
Read more: Here are the 12 startups that will pitch at today’s Seedstars Dar es Salaam
Read more: Healthtech platform Hospitalia wins Seedstars Cairo
Read more: Here are the eight Senegalese startups pitching today at Seedstars Dakar
Read more: Four startups from Zanzibar event win chance to pitch at Seedstars Dar es Salaam
Read more: Here are the 10 Tanzanian startups pitching right now at Seedstars Zanzibar
Read more: Fintech startup Growth Factor wins Seedstars Accra
Read more: Seedstars announces Joburg as host city for its Africa summit
Read more: P2P micro lending marketplace Pezesha wins Seedstars Nairobi
Featured image: 12019 via Pixabay