Swiss emerging market startup competition Seedstars World has named the eight startups that will pitch today at Seedstars Port Louis in Mauritius.
It is not clear what time the pitching event will start, but it will be held at La Turbine at the Vivéa Business Park.
No ad to show here.
Besides representing Mauritius at the Seedstars Africa Summit, the winner of the event will get an all-inclusive trip to Johannesburg in December for the Seedstars Africa Summit.
The Seedstars Port Louis winner will represent Mauritius at the Seedstars Africa Summit
At the regional summit, the Seedstars Port Louis victor stands a chance to win a spot at the Seedstars Global Summit in Switzerland where an investment prize of $500 000 is up for grabs.
The eight are:
- Property233: Smart rental platform
- Tutoo+: Training platform which offers lessons in French on tech and business related skills through videos and monthly bootcamps
- Roomscout: Proptech startup that helps students find accommodation in Mauritius
- Nutri You Farm & Shop: Urban-farming B2B company that provides competitively-priced, locally-grown food with a lower environmental footprint
- Fundkiss Technologies: Helps Mauritian small businesses grow by simplifying and democratising funding while offering investors new investment opportunities
- Flit Ride: Ride-hailing app that enables users and drivers to bid the fare price on an open market
- Eco-Warriors : Children-focused ecological education mobile game and comic book
- AVR Plato Technology: Edtech startup that has developed Orama, an app suite which uses augmented reality and virtual reality
The eight will pitch in front of a panel comprised of Mauritius Africa Fintech Hub head of regulations and compliance Muhamud Junaid Udhin, Africa Leadership University’s Divine Kangami and Seedstars regional manager Claudia Makadristo.
Read more: Cameroonian proptech startup Digital Renter wins Seedstars Douala
Read more: Here are the startups pitching today at Cameroon’s Seedstars Douala
Read more: Tunisian esports platform Seemba wins Seedstars Tunis
Read more: Here’s who’s pitching this afternoon at Seedstars Tunis
Read more: Cape Verde ticketing startup Passafree wins Seedstars Praia
Read more: Here’s who’s pitching at this afternoon’s Seedstars Praia
Read more: Solar solutions firm Nadji.Bi Gambia wins Seedstars Banjul
Read more: Rwandan software development firm Exuus wins Seedstars Kigali
Read more: Here are the nine Gambian startups pitching this afternoon at Seedstars Banjul
Read more: These are the nine Rwandan startups pitching today at Seedstars Kigali
Read more: Angolan e-commerce platform Roque Online wins Seedstars Luanda
Read more: Here are the 10 Angolan startups pitching this afternoon at Seedstars Luanda
Read more: Sierra Leonean data analytics startup Track Your Build wins Seedstars Freetown
Read more: Here are the nine Sierra Leonean startups pitching today at Seedstars Freetown
Read more: Legaltech platform Sheria Kiganjani wins Seedstars Dar es Salaam
Read more: Agritech startup Afrikamart wins Seedstars Dakar
Read more: Here are the 12 startups that will pitch at today’s Seedstars Dar es Salaam
Read more: Healthtech platform Hospitalia wins Seedstars Cairo
Read more: Here are the eight Senegalese startups pitching today at Seedstars Dakar
Read more: Four startups from Zanzibar event win chance to pitch at Seedstars Dar es Salaam
Read more: Here are the 10 Tanzanian startups pitching right now at Seedstars Zanzibar
Read more: Fintech startup Growth Factor wins Seedstars Accra
Read more: Seedstars announces Joburg as host city for its Africa summit
Read more: P2P micro lending marketplace Pezesha wins Seedstars Nairobi
Featured image: air babble via Flickr (CC BY 2.0)